1.16.2010

8: Keep Pet Birds Exotic

"8: Keep Pet Birds Exotic - Colorful parrots, macaws, and other birds are better off left in their natural environment, instead of being dragooned as domestic pets.  Undermine trapping and trafficking by not buying.  Instead, save for a trip to the rain forest - setting aside enough to offset your flight's CO2 emissions, of course.  There you can see birds flying in their natural habitat, and your money will help support local communities trying to keep things that way."

From 1,001 Ways To Save The Environment, by Joanna Yarrow


I've never really been big on (real) birds...I like my live animals cuddly. 

Do you like birds?  If so, visit my friend's Etsy site.  She loves birds, too...and makes handmade crafts that are simply adorable.  Man, I love her stuff!




________________________________________________

We went to Aslan's birthday party.  It was a gymnastics party!  Noah loved it. 

Of course, I left my memory card for my camera at home.  Tomorrow.....


1 comment:

  1. Love those birds! I will have to check out your friends etsy site! The gymnastics party sounds fun, wish my kids could be invited to a gymnastics party, need to work off some of the winter energy!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Followers