12.29.2009

Catching Up



My baby girl can sit up all by herself! This video is from TONIGHT.

So, it’s been a while, huh?

Ever feel like you just can get caught up?

I know I do. Often...

It used to happen even more frequently, too.

A few years ago, I found myself pregnant before I was married. Not the "right" order. I got married.

So, then I found myself married before I had finished school. Again, not the "right" order. I (kind of) finished school.

I took the easy way out and got a Bachelor's Degree in psychology from our local university, because I was sure I needed a degree. Academia wise, it was too easy. I didn't even walk. It did have it's price though. My marriage suffered, as did my poor husband. It took me two years to loose 20 pounds of baby weight. I visited the family that lived around me A LOT like you're "supposed" to do, and was resentful for never having time to myself. My house was always clean and sanitized.

I was generally stressed out, exhausted, and never really GOOD at anything.

I missed a lot of good things “catching up” though; I just didn't know it until I realized (tonight) I don’t have video of the first time Noah sat up.

I'm sitting here at my computer and I just want to cry, one of those big crys where you wake up with a headache and your nose runs for the rest of the week. My husband already thinks I'm crazy though.


My mother-in-law, one of the smartest women I know, told me this poem one time:

“Cleaning and scrubbing can wait until tomorrow,
because babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow.
So hush-a-bye cobwebs, dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!”

These days, I hardly ever answer my phone the first time it rings unless I'm expecting my husband to call or someone else is watching my babies. I currently have 18 voicemail I haven’t listened to. I don't look at emails that have the word "FWD" in the message line.

I’ve always been pretty good at saying “No”, but I’ve essentially beaten the castle at this point.

I have an entire list of things I neglect, but my marriage and my children aren't on it.

I have a ton of pictures from the holidays I’m going to post. I will blog again, but sometimes it's just "on the list". It can wait until another night, because I’m about to go watch a movie with my husband.


Go ahead….Neglect some things. You’ve got my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers