12.02.2009

Brums....and more...

It's December 2nd. I haven't posted anything in a week, because this week has been a blur. I forgot my camera during Thanksgiving, the house is trashed even more than usual, I missed my bible study yesterday, and I still have a ton of errands to run today even though that's what I did all day yesterday.

I haven’t been walking either so I think I may be having withdrawls.

Even so, this was probably the best Thanksgiving we've had as a family. I normally tire of holidays because it always feels like we're rushing from one place to the next to "see", but not actually get to hang out with everyone. For some reason this Thanksgiving was just better. I feel like our little family is complete in some way . . .it's relaxing.

First we went to Aunt Janet's house. Then we made the drive to Mom's house in Panama City. Even though Ava can't stand being in the car, she was so worn out from visiting with everyone that she slept almost the whole way. Mom was enjoying the holidays by playing poker with all her friends. If you ask me (even though we don't really gamble), that's an awesome way to spend a holiday. Allen gave us some more of his tasty oranges. Can't wait to eat some! Steven got some last Christmas, and he was on a orange kick that last like 8 months or something.

We got most of our Christmas shopping done the week before last, but Noah wanted this gift we had gotten for Aslan. Drums. I LOVE THEM! Now that he's used them though, we'll probably get something a little different for Aslan. They are loud, and do take up a lot of space in his little room.





He calls them brums....haha.

Steven is so cute about it. Every time we start Noah doing something new he says, "It'd be so cool if he learned how to (insert hobby turned pro here....i.e. dancing, drum playing, windsurfing, soccer). I loved that when I was younger."



Noah has finally decided that Ava is allowed to watch tv with him. She's just not allowed to touch his chair.



Grandpa and Grandma Harding sent us about 60 box tops in the mail. I knew I should have waited until his Daddy was home to open them, but I let him open them anyway. His face was better than on Halloween or Christmas! He was so excited. We printed out sheets for him to tape them to bring them to school on. He colored them and I taped them all on.



We cleaned out Noah's toys in preparation for Christmas, and we sent three boxes to Gavin. We also took some bigger things to the Methodist box. I can't believe he had that many toys in his room. It's so clean now. I'm washing his sheets now, but I'll post pictures later to prove it can be clean!

Ava can officially put her passie in her mouth. In this video, she never actually gets it all the way in, but you get the idea.



Oh, and Noah can write and type his name now. Pretty cool. I wish they could have kindergarten on computers because he's much better at typing than writing.

I'm sure there's a ton more I'd like to write about, but these were the highlights!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai has the same "brums" set or should I say "had." Between him, Elena, and Meghan, they were wore the heck out of them in about a year. We later picked up a small keyboard at the Waterfront Mission and then a Hannah Montanna guitar and microphone as gifts somewhere along the line, and they loved to rock out in extended jam sessions together. Made for quite the "joyful noise" haha.

    LOVE the pics as always, especially the one of Noah and Ava watching tv together. That is precious! Those are the moments a Mommy brings back to recall when her precious angels are acting like UFC fighters instead.

    Oh and I think distance learning Kindergarten is a brilliant idea. Could be the wave of the future!

    ReplyDelete

Followers