12.04.2009

I Need A Time Out

Ever had a day where you have to constantly remind yourself to be nice?

Today was that kind of day for me. I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Nearly everything was a struggle, and I know that makes it hard on my family.

Steven went to Powell Agency (insurance company) this morning and changed the value of his jeep from Blue Book to stated. Essentially, his jeep is now worth about $7,000 in an accident. Oddly enough, it saved us money because his car is now labeled a "collectible" instead of "recreational". Labels, labels...



Then he took me to Cracker Barrel, which is one of my favorite places to eat. We drove his car to Tilberg's house to get repainted, and then we came home and helped Noah with his Christmas tree for school. We cleaned the agency, which I love getting done on Friday nights. Now my lovely children are sleeping soundly in their rooms, and Steven and I will be able to have a little bit of a date night.

All in all, it was a wonderful day. Why was I so grumpy?

I will tell you one thing, Noah had one heck of a time out today which is always a good attitude adjustment for him. He stood in our corner for about 10 minutes yelling, screaming, and crying. It's like he just had something going on he needed to have a little bit of a breakdown about.

While I was listening to him I thought, "That's what I'd like to do". I thought, "I just need to stand in a corner and not worry about who's watching me and yell, and scream, and cry". I didn't, of course. My husband may have thought that was a little weird.

I was thinking though that we just don't take enough "time outs" for ourselves as we get older, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers